A lot of pictures on this site were hosted on Photobucket before they disabled photo embedding. If you'd like to see pictures for a particular post, please let me know, and I'll prioritize getting those images fixed next!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Guess What Came in the Mail Today...

I caught this on eBay last week and just had to get it.  An original 1964 copy of Dick Smith's Do-It-Yourself Monster Make-up Handbook, a special issue of Famous Monsters of Filmland well before my day.  Now, I could keep borrowing the updated 1984 version from the library a few towns over, or I could reference the digital copy I came across, but you just can't beat the real deal, can you?

5 comments:

  1. That pretty much is the definition of the word "AWESOME".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is freaking all kinds of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lot of fun and a real treasure to own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A CLASSIC! I have loved this publication since I was a kid, and I've given it a few mentions at the S&P. It's just a really fun, informative and extraordinarily influential little mag! A truly excellent acquisition in wonderful shape, congrats!

    ReplyDelete