A lot of pictures on this site were hosted on Photobucket before they disabled photo embedding. If you'd like to see pictures for a particular post, please let me know, and I'll prioritize getting those images fixed next!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Vincent Price Project: Sculpting (part 4)

Not much progress lately, but a friend of mine loaned me a really nice copy of a VP lifecast. I think it's about 10 years younger than the late 1950's Vincent that I'm sculpting, but it gives a good reference for the landmarks and dimensions on his face. I was actually surprised how close I was on the overall proportions. Most of the areas that are off are pretty much what I expected to find. It'll be an interesting challenge to balance this three dimensional reference with the photos that I've been using to capture the "right" version of him.


2 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to know how the sculpt is coming along. It looked awesome in your March update. I really don't have the eye for sculpting accurate profiles so I tend to stick to monsters. Your likeness of Vincent Price is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback-- it really makes a difference to know someone's following along. Vincent's been pretty much shelved since this post. I got to a point where I'd been looking at it too long to know what needs to change. I'm working on new projection effects to begin offering soon, and I hope to pick this back up once those are done in the next month or so.

      Delete