A lot of pictures on this site were hosted on Photobucket before they disabled photo embedding. If you'd like to see pictures for a particular post, please let me know, and I'll prioritize getting those images fixed next!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

'Tis Not the Season...

...but I figured it was time I took something off the to do list.


This one comes with a bit of a story.  Back in November, I was asked to make six Grinch makeups for a party of some sort, so I did a quick sculpt:

Did a test makeup with the help of the lead makeup artist for the party, who supplied the hair:

And then made up three actors for two days as Grinches:


It was all very, very rushed, and I was never pleased with any of it (though I did win a free airbrush as a result of the project...go figure!).  I saved a couple of castings before the mold went south.

So, finally, this weekend, I went about applying the makeup on myself (since the appliance was sculpted over my lifecast in the first place), trying to get a more realistic look, or at least a little more like Rick Baker & Co.'s design for the movie.


And I'm still not exactly happy with it, but I think it turned out much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment