A lot of pictures on this site were hosted on Photobucket before they disabled photo embedding. If you'd like to see pictures for a particular post, please let me know, and I'll prioritize getting those images fixed next!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sea Monsters Revealed

Before I share any more of the making of "The Book Eater," I thought I'd explain the fake woodcuts.  Mostly because Dave got way more intense in guessing their origins than I had intended.

The first is based on this still from 1955's It Came from Beneath the Sea.
I just turned the Golden Gate Bridge into a column and tossed the Parthenon in the background for...balance...or something.


 The second is a modified version of this real 16th century woodcut of a wolf (werewolf?) attacking a man.
The image was extended and the wolf replaced with a squid.


More "Book Eater" to come...

2 comments: